Saturday, December 19, 2009

New podcast interview - Running with Ghosts

Hey gang, a new interview with me has been posted to iTunes. It's with the very informative and entertaining podcast, Running with Ghosts, by quotidianlight. This interview is a bit different than the last. We certainly talk about next year's crazy goal of running every event in the Rock & Roll Endurance Series, talk a bit about my sponsor PowerBar, and how I got into Team in Training and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for which my fundraising goal is $10,000.
What's different this time is that we focus on running and nutrition and the fact that both I and the interviewer believe in a diet that is low in carbohydrates. We both share our nutrition routines a bit but also talk about preparing for feats of endurance. I highly recommend giving it a listen.
After my interview, keep listening as our host talks through her ultramarathon in the Marin headlands. This is where I did my first ultra, too, so it was great hearing someone talk through this event.
A big reason to listen though, is that she talks through her nervousness before the race, her nutrition planning and gear selections. Then as she describes her time during the event, she relays how core training (like walking lunges) and cross training played a crucial role in completing her event.
Its really quite interesting to hear her diary of running and I highly recommend subscribing in iTunes today.
Have a great holiday!

No comments: